Habitat III will take place in Quito, Ecuador, from 17 to 20 October 2016. GRET invites you to three events in Quito:
- A side event on Monday 17 October, from 11 am to 12 pm, room 10 at the Casa de la Cultura in Quito on the following topic: “Co-production of knowledge on diversity in precarious neighbourhoods: a key to renewed urban thinking and policies”. It is co-organised by GRET and IRD-Cessma, LAVUE-CNRS and TAKWEEN ICD in partnership with AFD, Cities Alliance and Centre Sud. It will also take place on 20 October from 10 am to 12 pm at the AFD House at the Faculty of Architecture of the Catholic University of Ecuador.
- A side event organised by AFD on wednesday 19 October at 8 am, room 12 at the casa de la cultura in Quito on the following topic: “perspectives on urban post-crisis reconstruction, Port-au-Prince and Bangui”.
- A workshop will be organised and facilitated by GRET on 20 October from 2-3 pm at the Pavillon France, Casa de la Cultura on the following topic: “Support to self-built (re)construction: a key solution to housing in precarious neighbourhoods” in partnership with PFVT.
At Habitat III, GRET will be represented by :
– Antoine Ciguené, manager of the Reconstruction and Upgrading Project in Baillergeau (Areba) in Haiti;
– Virginie Rachmuhl, urban programme manager with GRET;
– Serge Felix, Secretary General of the Baillergeau Neighbourhood Committee in Haiti.
GRET is pleased to present its new publications on urban issues:
- Our new factsheet “Cities for all” FR/EN/ESP
- A position paper on precarious neighbourhoods FR/EN/ESP
- A position paper on urban services FR/EN/ESP
- A position on cities and climate FR/EN
- A solution factsheet on rainwater management FR/EN
- A solution factsheet on suitable housing FR/EN
- A solution factsheet on joint strategic forward planning FR/EN