France Expertise Internationale (FEI) recruites, in partnership with GRET
Position : Programme manager for a civil society project in Vietnam (management of coalitions).
Reference: VEAP – PMPosition starting
Date: April 1st 2012
About the project:
Fostering and supporting coalitions working on issues of public concerns in Vietnam is the main target of this programme. It will do so by providing support to NGOs, academia, think tanks, mass organisations and media to work with relevant government agencies and the National Assembly (NA) through sub contracts, networking, communications and coordination.
In the first six month inception phase, the programme aims at working with relevant stakeholders to undertake political economy analysis (PEA) in key themes or issue areas (with approximately 6-8 themes chosen for analysis). Initial themes to consider from the design include land reform, urban governance, environmental protection and natural resources management.
The programme will then develop a set of prioritised issues based on the PEA in which there is (i) public interest; (ii) policy reform possibility; (iii) range of stakeholders already engaged. The programme team will refine criteria for selection of issues. The number of themes selected will depend on the available resources of the programme.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree (master -5years university cycle-)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French (Vietnamese would be a strong asset)
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of working experience, strong management skills and relevant experience in international development projects
- Expertise in processes of civil society coalitions and capacity building for CSOs
- Good knowledge of the Vietnamese / South East Asian context
- Ability to interface with partners and beneficiaries at high level
- Excellent communication skills
Duration: 4 years.
We will carefully review your materials and contact you if we would like to set up an interview.