- Laurent Levard and Louis Pautrizel (GRET)
- Etude/Document de travail
- Publisher : GRET, ESAFF
- Year : 2014/12
- 28 p.
- Language(s) : Anglais, Rapport Burundi en français
- Contribution to ESAFF regional advocacy strategy. Updated version
- Geographical area : Afrique de l'Est, Burundi, Kenya, Ouganda, Tanzanie
- Domaine(s) : Développement agricole, Sécurité alimentaire
The study Agricultural and Food Security policies and small-scale farmers in the East African Community was conducted by Gret as part of INVOLVE project conducted by ESAFF (Eastern and Southern Africa Small Scale Farmers’ Forum) to review:
– the main policy commitments on agriculture and food security in East Africa, at national and regional levels, as well as the state of implementation and the main strengths, weaknesses and constraints for this implementation,
– the degree of involvement the civil society organisations, and specifically small scale farmers’ organisations, in the policy process and their positions on these policies.
The present report is a summary report of six specific studies: one study on the regional EAC agricultural and food security policies, and five studies on the national agricultural and food security policies in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.