- L. Reynaud, P. Ferrand, S. Vilayvong
- Actes de colloque
- Publisher : Gret, Cirad, Actae
- Year : 2016/10
- 54 p.
- Language(s) : Anglais
- Geographical area : Cambodia
- Domaine(s) : Agricultural Development, Natural Resource Management
- Publication à télécharger : Proceedings of the National Workshop on Agroecology transition, 30th and 31st March 2016, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The 2 days’ workshop has been very intense and very fruitful paving the way to some common principles, common understanding and common expectations about agroecology. There are still some works to do in order to define in an encompassing way agroecology but it is on the right track.
The workshop has offered room for a lot of experience sharing from Cambodia. It has enabled to start knowing each other and to present the regional dynamic that ACTAE intends to support. It also allowed identifying some key challenges faced by farmers and that are hindering broader promotion of agroecology. This 1st national workshop was instrumental in laying down the foundations of a national Cambodia network that will partake in a regional Agroecology Learning Alliance, bringing together all stakeholder s active in the field of agroecology.
It was the first of its kind and it is expected that others will follow to keep on networking, sharing experiences and best practices and ultimately promote agroecology transition in the Mekong region.